Ghost-X is a powerful spectrogram visualization and editing software. It is available as a plugin and standalone application.
Ghost-X provides a full set of features for visualizing and editing spectrograms:
- Powerful and intuitive zoom, with adaptive level of detail
- Possibility to select any region of the spectrogram, and to play this region only
- File opening and saving (.wav and .aif)
- Real time view mode, with scrolling spectrogram
- A complete set of 8 colormaps
- Brightness and contrast
- Options to display the corresponding waveform in addition to the spectrogram
- Choice between 3 interface sizes, from small to big
- Interactive mini view of the overall sound file
- Editing tools: copy, paste, cut
- Editing tool: gain increase or decrease of the selected region
- Editing tool: powerful inpaint tool for replacing a region by the expected background
- Undo mechanism
There is no trial version for Ghost-X but instead, the Ghost software is a simplified and free version.