Ghost is a powerful spectrogram visualization and editing software. It is available as a plugin and standalone application.
Ghost provides a large set of features for visualizing and editing spectrograms:
- Powerful and intuitive zoom, with adaptive level of detail
- Possibility to select any region of the spectrogram, and to play this region only
- File opening and saving (.wav, .aif and .flac)
- Real time view mode, with scrolling spectrogram
- A set of 4 colormaps
- Brightness and contrast
- Options to display the corresponding waveform in addition to the spectrogram
- Choice between 2 interface sizes, small and medium
- Interactive mini view of the overall sound file
- Editing tool: cut
- Editing tool: gain increase or decrease of the selected region
- Undo mechanism
Ghost is a fully functional starter version. For more features, see the Ghost-X software.
You might be interested in the following tutorial: How To Understand a Spectrogram?